Planning Your Entertainment
Organizing the office holiday party, team building event, conference, Stampede party, AGM or fundraiser can be an overwhelming task.
When it comes to the entertainment, this is what people are going to remember the most from your event, no matter how small or large it is. Booking the best entertainment for your event is where the team from CallBack come into play. We will work with you to ensure that you have top entertainment for your event.
From Stand-up Comedy to Speciality Acts to Improv to a Celebrity Host and Emcee to a Motivational Keynote Speaker we will find the performer best suited to your needs and budget.
- Determine Your Budget
- Develop a budget for your event costs so you have a clear vision of what you can spend. The old adage, "you get what you pay for", applies to many aspects, including entertainment so book with a reputable agency.
- Plan Early
- The most popular corporate entertainers book up very quickly throughout the year. During the corporate holiday party season (Nov-Jan), entertainers can begin to book up over a year in advance. Avoid disappointment and start looking for entertainment as soon as you know the date of your corporate event.
- Know Your Audience
- Take a good look at your invitations and the purpose of your event. This will help build a profile of your attendees, and then help determine your entertainment needs. Your search for an entertainer is easier if you have an idea of the type of entertainment that would work well for your group.
- Venue Options
- You can choose from convention centres, hotel banquet rooms, private clubs, restaurants and community halls. Determine the atmosphere you want for your event and this will help you narrow down your venue.
- Event Location Considerations
- Look at where your guests are traveling from and the time of day. Will they be returning to a city-centre location from their homes or coming directly from the office? Will your event be out of town and therefore will you need to organize transportation or overnight accommodation? Is there accessible and affordable parking? Will your budget or the guest be able to absorb these costs?
- Technical Requirements
- Does your venue have the appropriate sound needs? Will you have to bring or rent your own AV or PA systems? There are some great companies that can assist and that have worked with various entertainers. Remember to consider this when developing your budgets.
- Be sure to read the contracts and look at items such as cancellation policies, recording limitations, specific riders such as changing room requirements. Entertainment and venue bookings require a deposit with final payment due prior to the day of the event.